What makes this piece special is that I used many ancient motifs to create a modern miniature coverlet looking image.
I borrowed an overshot window pane for the borders edge, placed a star in the center. I then encircled it with hearts. I also used a twill structure to add interest to the hearts.
All in a 6 inch space. It took several attempts to achieve a “square” look to the piece and here you see the end result.
The time to weave this piece was over 8 hours. I had to work slowly and carefully to ensure that I did not make a mistake when pulling the pattern shafts. This is one of the most complex designs in the Opphamta series of images.
I am very happy with the historic feel of this new design.