What makes this piece special is that I used many ancient motifs to create a modern miniature coverlet looking image. … More
After a long time, almost a year. I finally had the time to get to this project. As I did, I discovered that I had set up my loom incorrectly and was not able to weave until I fixed the installation of the friction brake, and the clutch for the cloth advance. Thank you to wonderful people on the Weaver’s Tech list.
During this process I did decide on an initial draft of the first towels. It is based on two different Jacob Angstadt designs, both are 12 shaft pointed twills blocks. I wanted to get a checkerboard effect without needing to use two shuttles. This was made possible by reversing the tie-up blocks. Now to the real work, weaving!
I went to the local library a week ago and I found this little treasure. Because I have a Glimakra drawloom I was very interested in this book. Hints and Tips from the writers of VAV Magazine are ALWAYS welcome. Was I delighted when I opened the cover to browse through the pictures. None of the projects are overly complicated.