What makes this piece special is that I used many ancient motifs to create a modern miniature coverlet looking image.
I borrowed an overshot window pane for the borders edge, placed a star in the center. I then encircled it with hearts. I also used a twill structure to add interest to the hearts.
All in a 6 inch space. It took several attempts to achieve a “square” look to the piece and here you see the end result.
The time to weave this piece was over 8 hours. I had to work slowly and carefully to ensure that I did not make a mistake when pulling the pattern shafts. This is one of the most complex designs in the Opphamta series of images.
I am very happy with the historic feel of this new design.
A petite sweet gift that will fit anywhere and let that special someone know they are loved whenever they look at it.
This is the first in a planned series of red heart images. Hearts are special to me, for love, and because they are part of my name.
This piece took more than 4 hours to weave, it needed to be repeated a second time with a different weft thread combination to get it to weave squarely. The heathered look is caused by the fact that it was woven with four threads of different colors.
It was woven on a drawloom, threaded with 30/2 cotton with a sett of 48 ends per inch.